The benefits of green smoothies are numerous. Mainly, they’re an easy, delicious way to boost your intake of green veggies. These do wonders for our bodies and are tasty enough for the kids! Many green vegetables contain phytonutrients for disease prevention, fiber to help you stay full and move things along, and are an excellent source of folate which can improve mood and prevent memory loss. Consuming greens can also aid in weight loss and are full of many other vitamins and minerals, such as vitamins A, C and E, calcium, lutein, zeaxanthin and beta-carotene.
Here’s what we enjoyed in our LuckyVitamin Green Smoothie, blended with a Blendtec Blender:
- Vibrant Health – Green Vibrance Green’s Powder
- Jay Robb – Egg White Protein
- MacroLife Naturals – Miracle Reds
- Optimum Nutrition – Gold Standard Strawberry Whey Protein
- Barlean’s – Superfruit Greens
- Fresh strawberries, bananas, ice and a splash of orange juice
Yum! What LuckyVitamin.com products do you put in your smoothies?
|Barlean’s – Superfruit Greens Powder Formula Strawberry-Kiwi – 9.52 oz.|
|Optimum Nutrition – 100% Whey Gold Standard Protein Delicious Strawberry – 2 lbs.|