Coconut oil is so great that you can literally make dozens of different personal care products with it. If you are willing to try it out, here’s an easy-to-make DIY recipe for a coconut oil liquid hand soap.
Making your own liquid soap has two great advantages. First, you can be 100 percent sure there are no iffy ingredients in a product that you and your family will be applying to your hands and skin on a daily basis. Second, you can save money, as making your own natural liquid hand soap is actually cheaper than buying conventional soaps.
All you need is a jar of coconut oil, one natural unscented soap bar, essential oils (your choice), a cheese grater, and a large pot for water and soap. You will also need liquid soap dispensers and a large mason jar for refills.
Here’s how to make your coconut liquid soap, step by step.
1. Grate the entire bar of soap with your cheese grater and put it in a pot. Add 10 cups of water over the grated soap and two tablespoons of coconut oil.
2. Heat the soap, coconut oil and water on medium heat until all the soap and coconut oil have dissolved. Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool.
3. This part is optional. If you want to have unscented soap, jump to step 4. If you want to add essential oils for fragrance, add between 20 to 25 drops of your favorite essential oil into the mixture.
4. Let it sit and cool. Stir every hour and you may add an extra cup of water to improve consistency. After five hours, the soap should be ready!
5. Pour the soap into the dispenser and you can start using it right away. You may try different essential oils for new scents every time you make new soap.
More Related Products