Healthy hair can totally transform how you feel each day. When your locks look the way you want in the morning, you’ll feel more confident to face whatever challenges await. The winter tends to dry out hair follicles, making it more difficult to give your hair the style you desire. To counteract the damage the season has done, try using a homemade coconut milk shampoo! The recipe is simple and the results will leave you with hair that feels nourished and alive.
What You’ll Need
– ½ cup of unsweetened coconut milk
– ⅔ cup of castile soap
– Empty bottle
The above are the only ingredients you actually require to make the shampoo. The next ingredients are to add some extra benefits to the experience. Feel free to explore other combinations than what is listed here, as you can get quite creative and discover some lovely results. Essential oils might add an extra scent component you find appealing.
– 1 tsp vitamin E oil
– 1 tsp coconut oil
- Place 1 tsp of coconut oil in a microwave-safe dish and heat for 30 seconds. If you do not have a microwave, just heat the oil over the stove for a few minutes until it liquefies. Do not let it get too hot.
- While the oil is heating, add the coconut milk and castile soap to the bottle and shake it up to mix the ingredients.
- Add the liquid coconut oil and vitamin E to the mixture and shake vigorously.
- Shower and see the results for yourself!
For the best results, use roughly one or two tablespoons in your hair each time you wash it. Shampoo will last roughly two months before it should be replaced.