Tea tree oil or melaleuca oil, is an essential oil that has a plethora of uses. Its healing benefits include everything from anti-bacteria to antiseptic and beyond.
1. Helps clear acne.
2. Heals dandruff. Add 10 drops to your shampoo bottle.
3. Soothe an itchy insect bite.
4. DIY make up remover: Mix ¼ cup of organic jojoba with 10 drops of tea tree oil. Rinse with water afterwards.
5. Helps heal sunburns.
6. Combat smelly shoes by adding a few drops to the inside if shoes.
7. A natural anti-inflammatory and antiseptic, tea tree oil heals skin infections and cuts.
8. Relieves itchy skin from a rash or allergic reaction.
9. DIY all-purpose cleaner: Fill a spray bottle with 1-2 tsp. of tea tree oil and the rest of the bottle with distilled water.
10. Keep fleas away from your pets by adding a few drops to their bed or crate.
11. Remove a tick by applying topically to skin.
12. Use tea tree oil to treat Athlete’s foot and heal foot fungus as well.
13. Has been found as an effective treatment for chicken pox. Blend a few drops with organic olive oil and apply with an organic cotton ball.
14. Treat psoriasis by using olive oil as a carrier oil, add a few drops of tea tree oil and rub directly onto skin.
15. Relieves sinus infection when a few drops are added to a humidifier.
16. Add tea tree oil to your washing machine.
17. Mix 1 cup of baking soda with 12 drops of tea tree oil to freshen carpet.
18. Treat a yeast infection by combing 6 drop of both lavender and tea tree oil with 1 cup of distilled water. Apply to infected area with an organic cotton ball.
19. Combine in a mason jar 1 part baking soda to 1 part cornstarch add 12 drop of tea tree oil to make your own deodorant powder.
20. Keep pests and ants away by wiping surfaces with an oil and water solution.
Tea tree oil is toxic when swallowed, so don’t use this to treat oral infections.