Tea tree oil—or melaleuca oil—is an essential oil that is extremely versatile and has a plethora of uses. Its healing benefits include everything from anti-bacterial to antiseptic and beyond!
Here are 20 ways to get the most out of your tea tree oil:
1. Help clear acne by using as a spot treatment.
2. Heal dandruff by adding 10 drops to your shampoo bottle.
3. Soothe an itchy insect bite with 1-2 drops.
4. DIY makeup remover: mix ¼ cup of organic jojoba with 10 drops of tea tree oil. Rinse with water after!
5. Helps heal sunburns.
6. Combat smelly shoes by adding a few drops to the inside if shoes.
7. As a natural anti-inflammatory and antiseptic, tea tree oil can heal skin infections and cuts.
8. Relieves itchy skin from a rash or allergic reaction.
9. DIY all-purpose cleaner: fill a spray bottle with 1-2 tsp. of tea tree oil and the rest of the bottle with distilled water.
10. Keep fleas away from your pets by adding a few drops to their bed or crate.
11. Remove a tick by applying topically to the skin.
12. Use tea tree oil to treat Athlete’s foot and heal foot fungus as well.
13. Has been found as an effective treatment for chicken pox. Blend a few drops with organic olive oil and apply with an organic cotton ball.
14. Treat psoriasis by using olive oil as a carrier oil and add a few drops of tea tree oil. Rub directly onto skin.
15. Relieves sinus infection when a few drops are added to a humidifier.
16. Add tea tree oil to your washing machine for fresh clothes!
17. Mix 1 cup of baking soda with 12 drops of tea tree oil to freshen carpet.
18. Treat a yeast infection by combing 6 drops of both lavender and tea tree oil with 1 cup of distilled water. Apply to infected area with an organic cotton ball.
19. Combine in a mason jar 1 part baking soda to 1 part cornstarch add 12 drops of tea tree oil to make your own deodorant powder.
20. Keep pests and ants away by wiping surfaces with an oil and water solution.
A reminder that tea tree oil is toxic when swallowed! So don’t use this to treat oral infections.
What are some of your favorite ways to use tea tree oil?