Did you know you can grow wheatgrass for as little as $1-2 per week? All you need is a few supplies and within a week you will have lush and nutritious wheat grass growing in your home. No green thumb needed. Just follow these easy steps:
1. Buy organic wheat berries.
2. Put half a cup of wheat berries in a quart sized mason jar and fill the jar with water. Make sure the water covers the seeds. Soak the wheat berries for 8-12 hours.
3. Rinse your seeds and repeat step 2.
4. Give the wheat berries one more final rinse before you sow the seeds.
5. Cut small holes in a 10 x 10 foil tray for drainage
6. Fill the tray with moistened organic potting soil
7. Spread a single layer of “seeds” on top of the soil and spray with a water bottle.
8. Cover the tray with plastic wrap, place a plate underneath and place in a sunny window sill.
9. Keep the seeds covered for three days and spray with a water bottle every day. It’s best to use a light mist so the seeds do not move.
10. Harvest when your wheat grass is 6-10 inches high.
If you’ve never had wheatgrass juice before it’s recommended that you start off with a one ounce shot daily for a week, so that your body can acclimate itself. Wheat grass is an amazing superfood valued for its nutritional benefits. Time to drink to health. Bottoms up!