This ayurvedic tonic is made with turmeric, coconut milk, coconut oil, cinnamon and maple syrup. It’s comforting, soothing and relaxing. Drink it at bedtime and reap healing benefits such as immune support, anti-inflammatory, skin conditions, joint health, women’s health and so much more!
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is an all-around wonder spice that has been used for 4000 years and it perhaps best known as being a staple of popular Indian dishes such as curries and stews. This spice not only tastes delicious but is great for your health too! The health fighting compound is curcumin that’s give it’s a bright hue and healing effects. Studies have revealed its powerful anti-inflammatory, liver detoxifying and anti-carcinogenic effects.
1 cup of coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric or a half inch sliver of fresh turmeric
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
Add maple syrup to taste
A sprinkle of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger or a half inch sliver of fresh ginger
1. Place the coconut milk and coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat….
2. Add turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and pepper. Stir well if you are using the dried spices.
3. Let the milk begin to simmer — small bubbles will form on the sides of the saucepan. Stir.
4. Heat for another 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to let the milk overheat.
5. Remove from heat and cover. Allow the mixture to sit for ten minutes or so to improve the infusion.
6. Strain the coconut milk through a mesh strainer if you used fresh ingredients.
7. Add maple syrup to taste
8. Serve warm in a mug and enjoy!