Biotin or B7 is a vitamin needed by every living cell of your body. Eggs, cheese, mushrooms, tuna, sardines, berries, leafy vegetables, peanuts and are good food sources of biotin. Getting enough biotin can provide multiple health benefits. Just to mention a few, here are 7 health benefits from biotin/B7:
1. Promotes beautiful skin: getting the sufficient amount of biotin may help promote glowing, wrinkle-free skin. Biotin is used in several skin care products like massage oils and creams. Lack of biotin may cause several skin problems including rashes, dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema and acne.
2. Keeps your hair healthy: biotin supports hair growth and strengthening as a variety of hair products, shampoos and conditioners have biotin as a key ingredient in them. It works wonders for problems like dry, brittle hair and hair fall.
3. Promotes healthy nails: the cosmetic industry has used biotin in a variety of products for nails. In fact, many supplements are labeled “hair, skin and nails” and contain significant amounts of biotin in their formulas.
4. Weight loss helper: studies have shown that biotin is essential to sustain proper rates of metabolism. With high biotin levels, your body is able to breakdown food at a faster rate increasing your metabolism, thereby helping in weight loss.
5. May prevent diabetes: Biotin plays a role in enhancing the secretion of insulin, a protein that regulates blood sugar levels. Multiple studies have suggested that biotin may play an important role in preventing and treating diabetes.
6. Improve digestion: biotin’s main function is carrying out metabolic processes of the body. When you eat, several reactions rely on biotin to properly breakdown the food, including breakdown of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. If your body has sufficient levels of biotin, the food will instantly be processed.
7. May Prevent Heart Disease: research suggests that biotin helps in reducing certain risk factors leading to heart disease. Regular biotin supplementation may reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) levels and total cholesterol, as well as reducing the risk of, heart attack atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease.
More Related Products