Throwing a Halloween party, or just looking for snacks that are as adorable as they are spooky? These three treat recipes are delicious and (mostly) healthy…because we all want to indulge a little on holidays!
Banana Ghosts & Tangerine Pumpkins
- Tangerines, peeled
- Celery, cut into small sticks
- Bananas, peeled and cut in half
- Mini chocolate chips
- Stick celery into tops of tangerines.
- Stick a chocolate chip eyes & nose into bananas.
- Now wasn’t that easy!
Recipe: Flo & Grace
- 2 green apples, each quartered
- almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 32 sunflower seeds
- 2-3 strawberries, sliced
- 1-2 googly eyes (marshmallows) per apple quarter
- Chocolate sauce for the googly-eye pupils
- Cut the middle out of each quarter of the apple in order to create a mouth. Don’t worry about it being perfect, as you are filling this gap with almond butter anyway so if you cut too deep, you can always cover it up and you won’t even be able to notice.
- Coat the inside of the gap where you just cut with a filling of almond or hazelnut butter.
- Place sunflower seeds on the top of where the “mouth” is to resemble the teeth.
- Place 1 sliced strawberry inside the mouth to resemble the tongue.
- “Glue” each eye above the mouth, using a dab of almond butter to make it stick in place.
Serve your monsters and enjoy!
Recipe Source: Parenting Chaos
Candy Corn Fruit Cocktail
- pineapple, cut into bite-sized chunks
- oranges, cut into bite-sized chunks ( or I used small Cuties)
- whipped cream
- candy corn
- In a clear glass, layer pineapple, then oranges and top with whipped cream and a couple pieces of candy corn. Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe: Family Fresh Meals