Breakfast – Superfood Chia Pudding
1 cup almond milk
1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill chia seeds
1 teaspoon baobab powder
1/2 teaspoon maca powder
1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whisk milk and chia seeds in a bowl for one minute until chia seeds are homogenous with the milk.
- Add in maca, baobab, cinnamon, vanilla and honey. Whisk again for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or preferably overnight.
- Top with anything! Fresh fruit and nuts are great additions.
Lunch – 13 Bean Chili
1-1/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill 13 Bean Soup Mix
1 onion medium-sized, chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced
2 cans tomato sauce (8oz cans)
1 tsp sea salt
1 pinch ground pepper
1 to 2 Tbsp chili powder
- Soak 13 Bean Soup Mix overnight or soften by boiling five minutes and allowing to soak for at least one hour.
- Drain beans and cover with water and simmer until tender (about 3 hours).
- Sauté onion until translucent, about 5 minutes, add garlic and two 8 oz cans of tomato sauce, spices and the cooked 13 Bean Soup Mix. Simmer all together one hour.
Dinner – The Basic Vegan Burger Recipe
1 can of no salt added kidney beans
½ cup of Bob’s Red Mill Rolled Oats
½ cup of cooked brown rice
1 ½ Tbsp canned diced tomatoes
- Mash kidney beans with a masher
- Add remaining ingredients
- Divide into equal parts and shape into patties
- Let sit in the fridge for 15 minutes
- Broil on high in oven for 5 minutes on each side