Who said chocolate cake can’t be quick, easy, gluten-free AND delicious?! When you’re pressed for time but looking to whip up a gluten-free treat, give this chocolate cake recipe from Otto’s Naturals a try! It features their cassava flour, a gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free flour with the taste and texture of wheat!
360 grams Otto’s Cassava Flour (weighing
is recommended) OR 3 cups, well sifted
2 cups coconut sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups cold water or coffee
- Whisk or sift flour, sugar, salt, soda, and cocoa
together into a large bowl.
- Make three wells. Pour oil into one well, vinegar into second, and
vanilla into third well.
- Pour cold water or coffee over all and stir well with a fork.
- Pour into 9×14 baking pan or two 8″ round pans. It is not necessary to grease the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted
comes out clean.
- Frost with your favorite icing!
Did you give this recipe a try? Let us know below!