Get all the crispy deliciousness of sweet potato fries without the deep frier! This recipe will get you thick, lightly crisped, oven-baked sweet potato wedges that make the perfect snack or side dish.
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled (or unpeeled, if you like skin) and cut into wedges
2 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F). Line a large baking sheet with tinfoil (shiny side up); place baking rack onto a prepared baking sheet and set aside.
- Peel the sweet potatoes (if preferred) and cut off the pointy ends. Slice the sweet potatoes in half (lengthwise), then cut each piece into wedges.
- Place the sweet potato wedges in a large bowl, then add the avocado oil, salt, sugar, seasoning, and black pepper. Mix well, making sure each wedge is coated with oil and spices.
- Arrange the sweet potato wedges in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, then turn on the broiler and bake for another 3-5 minutes, or until they’re well browned and crispy. Keep an eye here – it’s easy to burn when the broiler is on!
- Cool wedges on a pan for 5 minutes, then serve at once!