This is a quick and easy-to-make parsnip soup. It can be made dairy-free and vegan, it’s gluten-free and oh so tasty. The perfect warming, spicy soup to shake off the winter cold!
Recipe by Deliciously Ella
3 large parsnips, chopped into small pieces
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon of ground cumin
2 cups water
2 cups almond milk
2 tablespoons of natural yogurt (or coconut yogurt if vegan)
- Place garlic & onion in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil, cook them over a medium heat for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Once your onions are soft, add in your chopped parsnips and ground cumin – stir together and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Cover your parsnips with water and bring to the boil. Once boiling reduce the temperature and let simmer for 35-40 minutes until the parsnips are really soft.
- When soft, drain the water and add in the almond milk, yogurt, salt and pepper – and give it all a good whizz together with a hand mixer.
- Serve with a sprinkle of pine nuts and chopped coriander and enjoy!