Sometimes we need a little get-up-and-go in the morning, especially when the chill of fall sets in. Pumpkin spice everything has become synonymous with the season (sorry maple!), and the pumpkin spice latte continues to reign supreme. For fear of being basic, we’ve added our own unique twist to this classic fall beverage: oat milk.
Don’t let the creamy texture fool you. Oat milk is actually low in fat (and has no saturated fat). You’ll get a healthy dose of whole grains, plus 4 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber.
So break out your favorite mug and whip up a warming Oat Milk Pumpkin Spice Latte!
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 5 drops stevia extract (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 shots hot espresso (or ½ cup brewed coffee)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine milked oats, pumpkin puree, stevia, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Stir constantly until mixture begins to simmer (not boil).
- Remove from heat and whisk vigorously until the mixture becomes frothy. (Note: If you prefer, use a hand blender or milk frother instead of a whisk.)
- Pour the espresso or coffee into a large mug and add the frothed milk mixture on top.
- Top with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon!), if desired. Sip and savor!