This sweet and tangy, easy-to-make jasmine rice dish utilizes Lundberg Farms’ Thai Hom Mali Rice that’s ready for eating in 90 seconds. It’s bursting with flavor and makes the perfect comfort food!
1 cup Lundberg Family Farms Thai Hom Mali Rice
2 cups (roughly) of veggies of your choice, steamed separately
1 pound extra- firm tofu
2 tsp. each cracked pepper & dried thyme
1 tsp. salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup honey
¼ cup fresh orange juice
½ cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Press extra liquid from tofu by placing between plates and setting a heavy skillet or pot on top.
- Drain for 10 minutes, pat dry, and slice tofu once horizontally to make thin slices. Cut diagonally across to make triangles, and place on a dry plate.
- Blend dried thyme, cracked pepper and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle herb mixture over tofu, pressing into each side. Discard any leftover herb mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook tofu until golden on each side.
- Remove from skillet and set aside. Mix honey and orange juice in a small bowl; add honey mixture to skillet and deglaze the pan.
- Add tofu triangles to skillet and bring honey mixture to a boil. Turn over tofu, cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- When the tofu is almost finished cooking, heat jasmine rice and let stand for 1 minute. Mix your steamed veggies into the rice.
To serve: Stir pecans into reserved cooked rice. Spoon one cup rice each onto 4 plates; top with two honey glazed tofu triangles per plate. Drizzle orange honey glaze over all and serve.