Those following a ketogenic (or generally low-carb) diet can rest easy knowing they can still indulge in pizza! This recipe features delicious, crispy, guilt-free, easy-to-make pizza crust made from cauliflower!
Recipe Source: Ourbestbites.com
2 1/2 cups grated or ground cauliflower (use a food processor or cheese grater)
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1 egg, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place cauliflower in a heat-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap with a few holes to vent. Microwave for 4 minutes, remove plastic and stir to cool it off a little.
- Place cauliflower in a fine mesh strainer and use a rubber spatula to press cauliflower against strainer, pushing out any liquid.
- Use several paper towels and press down to absorb more liquid. You could also ring it out in a clean, dry tea towel.
- Place cauliflower in a bowl and fluff with a fork. Add basil, oregano, garlic, Parmesan, and mozzarella. Add salt to taste. Add egg and stir to blend completely.
- Press mixture out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper that’s been sprayed with non-stick spray. Press mixture out to about 1/4 inch or slightly thicker circle.
- Place pan in oven and bake until golden brown. Pizzas tend to vary in cooking time, so sight is the best indicator. Generally, 15-20 minutes is a good time frame.
- Remove from oven, top with desired toppings and return to oven to melt cheese. Let rest for a couple of minutes and then slice and serve.