Turmeric is mostly known as the main spice in curry but curcumin, an extract of turmeric, has been used to promote health benefits for years. Since it seems like turmeric/curcumin can help with a little bit of everything, we present you 7 reasons everyone needs a turmeric supplement.
1. Arthritis: multiple studies have proved that turmeric contains anti-inflammatory properties and supplementation can be helpful for people with joint pain or arthritis. One study found that turmeric extract supplement worked just as well as ibuprofen in patients with knee osteoarthritis.
2. Heartburn: supplements form the turmeric plant have been shown to be effective at curbing heartburn and stomach pain, likely due to its known powers to fight inflammation.
3. Brain Support: studies have suggested that curcumin can help promote repair to stems cell in the brain. Research has also found that supplementation may help boost memory.
4. Digestive Aid: turmeric may help reduce symptoms of indigestion by promoting the production of bile. Supplementation has been also beneficial to relieve gas and bloating.
5. Diabetes: curcumin extract has been found to delay the onset of type 2 diabetes in a couple of studies. Supplementation over nine months was necessary to obtain significant results.
6. Cancer: a couple of studies have shown promising effects of curcumin in preventing and treating cancer. Turmeric supplements are powerful antioxidants which may protect cells from oxidative damage, a risk factor for cancer.
7. Inflammatory Bowel Disease: studies have found that curcumin contains properties that can reduce inflammatory bowel disease. Naturopathic practitioners often recommend turmeric for treatment of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
More Related Products