Alpha-Lipoic acid is antioxidant made by the body and found in every cell in the human body. Alpha Lipoic acid (ALA) is used in the body to break down carbohydrates helping turn glucose into energy but it also seems to help prevent certain kinds of cell damage, and restores levels of vitamin C and E. Spinach, broccoli, yeast, liver, kidney, and potatoes are great sources of Alpha-Lipoic Acid. Here, we present you 5 health benefits from Alpha-Lipoic Acid.
1. Alpha-Lipoic Acid can amplify the positive effects of other important antioxidants in the body, such as Coenzyme Q10, an essential compound in the fight against aging and disease, as well as glutathione, a major detoxifying antioxidant.
2. Alpha-Lipoic Acid is a great supplement for treating diabetes and nerve-related symptoms of diabetes including burning, pain, and numbness in the legs and arms. ALA has been shown to not only maintain optimal blood sugar levels but also supporting insulin sensitivity and cardiovascular health.
3. Alpha-Lipoic Acid has been shown to increase vasodilation of the blood vessels due to its effects on the inner lining of the vascular system. High levels of cortisol released from the adrenal glands under stress can create the opposite, vasoconstriction, where the blood vessels can tighten up, creating high blood pressure and causing glaucoma.
4. Alpha-Lipoic Acid may be highly effective in reducing the permeability of the blood-brain barrier. The inner lining of the cells (endothelium) in the brain is very tightly bound preventing toxins from entering the brain. This is nature’s way of protecting the brain from harm.
5. Alpha-Lipoic Acid may help promote better vision. ALA has been found to offer notable protection against cataract formation by increasing level of essential antioxidant enzymes such as glutathione.
More Related Products